How the Vue Utility Connect Energy Monitor Works
The Emporia Vue Utility Connect energy monitor is a wireless Home Area Network – HAN device that easily plugs into a standard 120V electrical outlet in your home near your ZigBee® Enabled AMI Smart Meter. There the system protects your home’s health by helping you manage energy use and solar generation while making your home more energy efficient through a simple iOS or Android app.
- Ameren in IL
- Burlington Electric in VT
- First Energy in PA
- Green Mountain Power (GMP) in VT
- Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) in CA
- Pennsylvania Power & Light (PPL) in PA
- Southern California Edison (SCE) in CA ($25 rebate available!)
- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE) in CA
However, we are working with several other electric utilities to get the Vue working in other markets.
The Vue plugs into an outlet in your home
- The Vue simply plugs into a standard 120V electrical outlet in your home near your ZigBee® Enabled AMI Smart Meter supplied by your electric utility.
- Then follow simple instructions for your specific utility to connect the Vue to your Smart Meter
- No electrician needed. No reason to open your circuit panel. Literally plug in and go.
The Vue connects to the cloud via your Wi-Fi network
- Monitors electricity use and generation 24/7
- Collects energy usage data every 5-10 seconds
- Tracks how much energy is being used in your home or how much is generated and sent back to the grid
- Sends data securely over your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi to the Emporia Cloud where we perform calculations and analysis