How the Vue Utility Connect Energy Monitor Works
The Emporia Vue Utility Connect energy monitor is a wireless Home Area Network – HAN device that easily plugs into a standard 120V electrical outlet in your home near your ZigBee® Enabled AMI Smart Meter. There the system protects your home’s health by helping you manage energy use and solar generation while making your home more energy efficient through a simple iOS or Android app.Currently, the Vue: Utility Connect can only connect to AMI Smart Meters through:
- Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) in CA
- Southern California Edison (SCE) in CA ($25 rebate available!)
- Pennsylvania Power & Light (PPL) in PA
- First Energy in PA
- Burlington Electric in VT
- Green Mountain Power (GMP) in VT
However, we are working with several other electric utilities to get the Vue working in other markets.
The Vue plugs into an outlet in your home
- The Vue simply plugs into a standard 120V electrical outlet in your home near your ZigBee® Enabled AMI Smart Meter supplied by your electric utility.
- Then follow simple instructions for your specific utility to connect the Vue to your Smart Meter
- No electrician needed. No reason to open your circuit panel. Literally plug in and go.
The Vue connects to the cloud via your Wi-Fi network
- Monitors electricity use and generation 24/7
- Collects energy usage data every 5-10 seconds
- Tracks how much energy is being used in your home or how much is generated and sent back to the grid
- Sends data securely over your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi to the Emporia Cloud where we perform calculations and analysis