How the Vue Whole Home Energy Monitor Works
The Emporia Vue Whole Home energy monitor installs in your electrical panel. We recommend using a licensed electrician. The Vue monitors the total energy use and solar generation of your home through a simple iOS or Android app. Additionally, you can add 50A sensor bundles to monitor up to 16 individual circuits per Vue.
The Vue installs inside your home’s breaker box
The Vue Installs in most homes in the electrical panel. Systems that only have access to busbars will require our Flexible Current Sensors. Please, inspect your panel for compatibility. The Vue supports 3-Phase light commercial installations (< 600A) with the addition of a third 200A sensor. The Vue includes detailed DIY instructions, but some homeowners choose to use an electrician.
Check out the Technical Specs
The Vue can monitor individual circuits
You can add 50A sensor bundles to gain the ability to monitor up to 16 individual circuits. You can buy the sensors bundled with the Vue or separately, if you already own a Vue. This allows you to monitor important appliances and equipment, like your air conditioner, furnace, water heater, washing machine, clothes dryer, and more.
The Vue connects to the cloud via your Wi-Fi network
- The Vue connects securely to the Emporia cloud over 2.4GHz WiFi
- Monitors electricity use/generation 24/7
- Collects granular, 1-second energy usage data
- Monitors voltage for real power measurements
- Tracks how much energy is being used by important appliances and equipment or how much is generated and sent back to the grid