Currently, the Vue: Utility Connect can only connect to AMI Smart Meters through: Ameren in IL, Burlington Electric in VT, First Energy in PA, Green Mountain Power (GMP) in VT, Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) in CA, Pennsylvania Power & Light (PPL) in PA, Southern California Edison (SCE) in CA ($25 rebate available!), and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE) in CA
However, we are working with all of these electric utilities in California to support connecting wirelessly to your AMI Smart Meter with The Emporia Vue: Utility Connect for ZigBee® Enabled Smart Meters.
ComEd has compatible AMI Smart Meters. Please contact them directly to see if they will allow you to connect the Emporia Vue: Utility Connect to their meter.
Almost any Ameren customer can connect the Emporia Vue with ZigBee® to their Ameren Smart Meter.
How to connect to Ameren
- Collect the MAC ID and Install Code located on the Vue and the inside lid of the Vue packaging.
- Download the Ameren App from the Apple App Store or from Google Play and login with your Ameren account credentials
- Once logged in, from the Home page, tap the “Home Area Network” link on the page
- You’ll be directed to the Connect a Device Page.
- Make the following entries:
- Manufacturer: Other – then enter “Emporia”
- Model: Other – then enter “Vue”
- Type: In Home Display
- Description: field is optional
- MAC Address: the Vue’s Mac ID from Step #1
- Install Code: the Vue’s Install Code from Step #1
Should you have any issues with Ameren Mobile app, please contact the Ameren Illinois customer service answer center at 1-800-755-5000.
My Utility Isn’t Listed!
If you are a resident or employee of a utility that is not on the list and would like to connect the Emporia Vue with ZigBee® to your meter, contact us!