- A 60Hz 120V/240V split-phase electrical system
- A 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi router within broadcast distance of your electric panel
- Knowledge of your Wi-Fi router SSID and password
- A mobile device running iOS 8 (or higher) or Android 4.1 (or higher) with the Emporia Energy App installed and Bluetooth enabled
The Vue must be installed inside your home’s electric panel. While this can be done safely, improper installation can be dangerous or even fatal. Installation should only be performed by a licensed electrician or other qualified professional in accordance with local electrical code.
- Check your Spam/Junk folder in your email app.
- Double check that you entered the correct email address when creating your account.
- Ensure that Bluetooth on your mobile device is enabled.
- Ensure that you are in reasonably close proximity to the Vue/electric panel.
- Ensure that the Vue has power:
- Ensure that the power connector is securely plugged into the energy monitor.
- Ensure that the power connector wires are securely attached to the breaker and neutral bus.
- Ensure that all of the breakers in the electric panel are turned on.
- Some circuit panels may not have a main breaker
- You may have an older house that simply doesn’t have one
- It may be located elsewhere between your electric meter and your panel
Use caution when installing the sensors, the service mains will remain energized whether the main breaker is turned off or not.
The Wi-Fi antenna installation is the same procedure, the antenna will just be hidden inside the wall behind the drywall.
The 3.5mm jacks labeled 1 and 2 are for the two service main sensors. Either sensor can be plugged into either of the jacks. However, the 3.5mm jack labeled 3 is only for monitoring solar or battery, which is sold separately.
No, even though you may note there is a directional arrow for electrical load on the sides of the sensors, our software takes the absolute value of the sensor ensuring that your electrical usage is calculated properly.
While this won’t affect the performance of the Emporia Vue, we recommend that the sensors be located around the insulated service main wires, in case they need to be adjusted or removed at a later time.
Ensure that the antenna on the Universal Connect is extended outside the electric panel, and there is a substantial Wi-Fi signal at your electric panel. Check to see if your phone has a Wi-Fi connection while standing next to the panel. If not, you may need a Wi-Fi extender.
- Ensure you have the correct password for your router.
- If your Wi-Fi router has dual authentication enabled, disable it.
- Try exiting the setup on the Emporia Energy app and starting over.
- Try resetting the password on your Wi-Fi router.
- Ensure both Current Sensors (CT clamps) are securely fastened around the two incoming service mains in your electric panel.
- Ensure the Current Sensors are securely plugged in to the energy monitor in ports #1 and #2.
Yes, simply install the Emporia Energy app on the additional device and login with the same email address and password that you used to set up the Vue.